Tuesday 27 August 2013

Blueberry Muffins


Blueberries? Normally I'm not a fan but when incorporated into a muffin I cant get enough of them! 
Especially when they're freshly cooked and the blueberries are oozing and warm-delicious!


The best recipe I have found for blueberry muffins is the Humming Bird bakery recipe as I like there balance of blueberries to batter and you're left with a moist cake-mmm mmm! 

Blueberry Muffins:
*Disclaimer: I am not passing this of as my own recipe it has been adapted from the Hummingbird bakery recipe*
Ingredients:
360g Plain Flour 
370g Caster Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
375ml Buttermilk
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
70g Butter Melted
250g Blueberries
Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius, 320 degrees Fahrenheit or gas mark 3.
2. Put the flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon till all ingredients are well combined.
3. Put the buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract into a bowl and mix to combine. Slowly pour into the flour mixture and beat with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are incorporated.
4. Pour in the melted butter and beat until the butter has just been incorporated, then beat vigorously until the dough is even and smooth.
5. Finally, gently fold in the blueberries with a wooden spoon until evenly dispersed. (I mashed a quarter of the blueberries with a fork and added them first, then the rest of the blueberries after.)
6. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two thirds full and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and the muffin bounces back when touched. A skewer inserted in the center should come out clean. Leave the muffins to cool in the pan before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. 


My favourite part was definitely adding the blueberries, I thought the contrast in colour was very pretty.



Although the recipe says that they will cook for 20-25 minutes because my muffin case were HUMONGOUS it took more like 45-50 minutes to cook them! But they still turned out just fine-thank-goodness.



 These muffins didn't last long at all in my house. I recommend dusting cinnamon on yours if you're a fan of cinnamon. Personally I absolutely love cinnamon so this went down a treat for me. Next time I might even add cinnamon into the batter! 



No comments:

Post a Comment