EXAMS ARE FINISHED! Now that my exams are finished I thought I would celebrate with this apple crumble cake, I mean whats better than apple crumble and cake combined?
Now this cake really is delicious and sounds very impressive yet is easy peasy to make.
Apple Crumble Cake
*Adapted from the Hummingbird recipe*
For the Cake:
140g Plain Flour
100g Caster Sugar
1tsp Vanilla Essence
1tsp Baking Powder
3 Granny Smith Apples
For the Crumble topping:
140g Plain Flour
1tsp Ground Cinnamon
140g Soft Light Brown Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 3, then grease a round tin with butter and dust with flour.
2. For the crumble topping sift the flour and cinnamon into a bowl. Add the butter and using your fingertips rub the ingredients together until they look like breadcrumbs.Stir in the sugar and set aside.
3. For the cake cream together the butter and sugar using a whisk until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla essence and make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
4. Sift half the flour and baking powder into the cake batter then add half the milk into the batter, mix until well combined then repeat this. Pour into the prepared cake tin.
5. Peel, core and slice the apples into thin slices or thicker ones if you want the apples to have more of an crunch.
6. Arrange the apples onto the cake batter in the cake tin making sure it is arranged evenly.Then sprinkle with the crumble topping making sure you do so evenly.
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the crumble is golden brown and when a skewer is inserted into the cake it comes out clean. Then voila enjoyyyyy! (best served warm with custard or cream orrrr Ice Cream)
If you love cake and crumble this is sure to be the cake for you; you get the best of both worlds!